World class trails and out of this world scenery – the Scottish Highlands have it all. – […]
“Fantastic company. Been with Tom Hutton MTB Guiding for three trips now and am already planning the next one. Great trails and great coaching. Book now!” Stu Barker, Bristol
Cairngorm Big Mountain Magic Weekend
4 days of gritty granite singletrack and sublime big mountain scenery including an ascent and descent of the UK’s 2nd highest peak.
• Big days out in big mountains including the UK’s second highest peak.
• Monster climbs and monumental alpine style descents
• Mile after mile of tight, twisty singletrack hewn into steep granite hillsides
• Link with the London to Aviemore Sleeper Train for minimum time off work
• Super-comfy bike-friendly hotel accommodation!
17-20 September 2020 (Trip cancelled)
23-26 September 2021 (8 places left)
• Accommodation – 3 night’s accommodation in twin rooms in a comfortable family-run hotel
• Meals – Cooked breakfasts (3 days) and packed lunches from a local deli (4 days) (evening meals are eaten in local pubs and restaurants and are not included in the price)
• Collection and drop off at Aviemore railway station
• All travel in Scotland. Using our dedicated 16-seat minibus with professional driver and bike trailer, we can ride point to point routes which means more time on the best trails
• All guiding – 2 qualified guides to 8 guests giving a 4-1 client to guide ratio.
(Everything but evening meals, beer & spares!)
Is this trip for me?:
This is one of the toughest trips we run, suitable for strong intermediates or more experienced riders.
Technical: Typical trail centre Blacks are unlikely to phase you and you’re happy on even tougher natural terrain. You’re happy on smaller drops that can’t quite be rolled.
Fitness: You’re comfortable out all day at a good pace, and will even manage a few real epics if you pace yourself. 50km+ and 1500m of climbing won’t phase you.
There’ll be some big ups (including a fair bit of hike-a-bike), some long days, and some technical downs – a sense of humour may be required at times. It will also involve riding 4 days back to back (but voluntary rest days are possible if needed).
Note: It’s never a race and we will never leave anybody behind on either the ups or the downs.
If you’re at all concerned about whether the trip is right for you, please call us on 07974 912479. We will be more than happy to advise.