“Tom is an exceptional coach. As well as possessing a wealth of knowledge, he is patient, flexible and knows how to adapt teaching and approach things from different angles to achieve the desired result” James Ashworth, Liverpool
GREAT NEWS! From Monday 20 July, we are once again able to run coaching sessions for up to 8 riders with all the relevant COVID-19 safety procedures in place.
Upgrade your riding and find your flow with our bespoke, step by step skills training courses.
- Core skills for beginners – build your riding on solid foundations
- Core skills for improvers – raise your game from Red to Black
- Flow – energy management and momentum (improvers/intermediate)
- Cornering – speed and control (improvers/intermediate)
- Technical – steep, rough drops, rocks and roots (improvers/intermediate)
- Feel the fear (and do it anyway) – build confidence and banish nerves (all levels)
- Independence day – build the skills to leave the trail centres behind (intermediate/advanced)
- Guide and Ride – Work on skills in the morning, use them on the trails after lunch (all levels)
Mix and match as you please or just tell us what you’re hoping to achieve and we’ll help you make it happen 🙂
- Full fact find – Who are you? Where are you now? Where do you want to be?
- Briefing – you tell us about you and we’ll tell you about us and the session ahead
- Getting your head right – Are you focused? Can you commit? Practice v’s Performance
- Skills drills – big improvements broken into step by step exercises, taken at your pace
- Video analysis – where appropriate (and a copy if required)
- Putting it into practice – let’s ride!
- Future action plan
- Follow up – with summaries and reminders
- Ongoing support/advice – if required
- Free coaching on the web – a month’s free membership or a free course on the Ryan Leech Connection
Most of our sessions are at Coed y Brenin Forest Park or the Gwydir Forest, both in stunning Snowdonia National Park. We are happy to travel to other areas if that would suit better. Please contact us to discuss.
On-line learning available
Talk to us for more details…
Half day (Gwydir Forest or Coed y Brenin
Price per person: £40.00 (2-4 people)
Price per person: £30.00 (5-8 people)
Full day (Gwydir Forest or Coed y Brenin
Price per person: £70.00 (2-4 people)
Price per person: £40.00 (5-8 people)
Or call Tom on 07974 912479 to get the ball rolling.
Tom has been riding mountain bikes since the late 80s, coming to pedal power on the back of a successful motorcycle road racing career. His innovative, step by step style has made him a sought-after coach and he’s as fascinated by the psychological side of mountain biking as he is the physical side.
Away from Tom Hutton MTB, he works as an online skills coach for the Ryan Leech Connection
Still not sure? The reviews speak for themselves…
“We’ve been on other coaching days before and not taken much away from them, but with Tom, we both left as much better riders.
Tom’s approach is great, he listens to what you want to improve on, what you want to take away from the day etc. He pays a lot of attention to how you ride, walks you through how to improve and then you put it into practice on a trail”
Sarah Pickering, Derbyshire
“Thanks Tom for a great coaching/FUN (!) session in the Gwydir forest, will be practicing our new skills and will show off when we next see you for that ride!! Really good company, felt like we were riding with a best mate!!”
Annie Craggs, Mid Wales
“My husband and I had two days of coaching/riding with Tom. He understood what we wanted from the sessions and continually worked at helping us achieve our goals. Poured with rain the second day but it was still fun and makes me want to go back for more! Thanks Tom”
Alice Munsey, Oxford
“You are both excellent guides and your coaching tips took our riding skills to a different level!! I feel so much more confident having spent such quality time riding with you both”.
Diane Moore, Cirencester
“We arranged with Tom and Steph for Iolo, our son, to have a full day’s mountain biking coaching session as a Christmas present. He was really nervous beforehand and worried about his skill levels etc So when i dropped him off he was quite quiet.
So…. he had a fantastic day with Tom and Steph and didn’t stop talking about it for days afterwards.
He was amazed how his skills and confidence on the trails had improved so quickly with the coaching he received. He was doing stuff he never thought he would at the end of the day.
Tom and Steph were great and he’s now really enthused to hit the trails!
The only drawback…… he now obviously wants a new bike :-”)
Neil Garton Jones, Llanrug
“Fantastic day, fantastic instructor. would recommend to anyone who wants to improve their skills. Tom and Steph are very patient taking us through the steps needed and explaining the reasons why.
Thank you Tom and Steph for a very informative day”
Kevin Lanham, Bolton
“Tom is an exceptional coach. As well as possessing a wealth of knowledge, he is patient, flexible and knows how to adapt teaching and approach things from different angles to achieve the desired result”
James Ashworth, Liverpool