BOOKING WITH CONFIDENCE!

We could never have expected this virus to turn into a global pandemic whilst we were eating our Christmas turkey and celebrating the New Year back in December. 2020 was looking to be our biggest and best year to date with new packages, properties, staff and partners for our clients to enjoy and we fully intend for you to still enjoy all these new elements in 2021 and the future!

However we are now here and we have to look at it with a clear view. Our aim is to provide epic Mountain Bike Holidays, it always has been and always will. For now that involves looking after our clients, our staff, friends, families and the business so we can keep the wheels rolling into 2022 and many years beyond!

We are now receiving many questions about our 2022 holidays and what our refund, cancellation and Covid-19 policy is so we wanted to try and make it super simple with a few points below.

Financial Failure insurance  

A legal requirement for any company offering package holidays, written into law under the travel package regulation in 2018. We are insured with IPP London. If we ever went bust every penny you have paid us will be refunded, this applies to the package holidays only, not Self Catered or Hotel stays.

Multi Element Holidays

Quarantine / Lockdown / Border closure – If there is a mandatory quarantine in place in either the UK or the country you are travelling to within 14 days of your outward travel date then we will either offer you a date swap within the same year, a date change to the following year (this is essentially a new booking and open to price increases) or a credit note valid for 22/23 season. (You will be asked to claim on your holiday insurance first and provide proof of their refusal to pay out)

If your destination OR country you are returning to has a quarantine in place 14 days before your travel date, we will also offer a full refund or date move.

Covid-19 positive test or notification to isolate – If within 14 days of your outward travel date you have either tested positive for Covid-19 or have been asked to isolate by the NHS app then the above will also apply. We will need to see official paperwork to backup the test result or our standard T&C’s will apply

MTB Beds can not operate and your trip is cancelled – All of the above options apply plus the option of a full refund option if your balance has been paid in full. (NEW – This will have been due 8 weeks before your travel date, if not paid it will be classed as a disinclination to travel and your deposit retained)

Client disinclination to travel – If none of the above situations apply and you simply do not feel comfortable travelling in the current climate our standard T&C’s apply. See cancellation rates below

Deposit only payments are non refundable

More than 56 days prior to departure – Loss of Deposit

56 to 36 days prior to departure – 30% of total holiday cost (Deposit amount)

35 to 28 days prior to departure – 50% of total holiday cost

27 to 15 days prior to departure – 75% of total holiday cost

14 days or fewer prior to departure – 100% of total holiday cost

Single Element Holidays – If in the 14 calendar days prior to the start of your arrangements your booking cannot proceed due to any of the following reasons linked to the coronavirus pandemic you will be entitled to a credit note for 100% of the booking cost to be used with us at any point up until the end of the 22/23 season. If you chose not to accept this credit note we will refund in cash 70% of the payments you have made to us for your booking. The remaining 30% will be retained by us to cover our operational costs in accepting your booking.

The accepted Coronavirus related reasons for cancellation are as follows: the authorities of the country to where you are travelling impose regional or national restrictions which result in the closure of their border to non-residents, closure of the resort or essential facilities or necessitate the closure of your accommodation.  You would be required by the authorities of your destination country to quarantine / self-isolate on arrival for more than 24 hours. Or if your country of residence closes it borders or imposes a compulsory quarantine on your return.

Insurance – It is a condition of our acceptance of your booking that you obtain appropriate travel insurance. Please be aware that any advice against non-essential international travel (including as a result of the coronavirus pandemic) issued by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (or equivalent authorities outside the UK for citizens of those countries) may have an impact on your travel insurance. You must check the policy terms prior to purchasing your insurance.

Please read your policy details carefully and take them with you on holiday. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you purchase is suitable and adequate for your particular needs.