No doubt many of our customers are wondering how the current situation will affect the trip they have booked or plan to book with us over the next few months. Rather than repeating pages of general information about the situation that most people will have seen already, please see below for our thoughts at the moment.

In short, we’re watching the situation very closely (as you’d expect) and we will make decisions about each of our weekends/holidays on a case by case basis, reflecting current government advice, WHO/FCO advice, and the nature of the trip itself.

Because this advice is changing at an alarming pace, this decision is unlikely to be made more than 4 weeks before a trip is due to start but we will keep everybody in the picture as we go along, and we’ll let everybody booked on a trip know as soon as any definitive decision has been made (the decision could, of course, be made for us).

In addition, we won’t be asking for final balance payments, usually due 10 weeks before, until we are sure the trip will run. We will however, contact everybody booked around his date to advise on our latest thinking.

We’ll do our absolute best to avoid cancellations as we really don’t want to let our customers down – riding bikes matters! But ultimately, all our decisions will be based on public health and wellbeing so we will, of course, adhere to any government recommendations or restrictions that are put in place.

If this does mean that we’re forced to cancel a trip, then be assured we’ll be as flexible as possible, offering transfers to other trips and credits against other trips where possible, or of course, refunds where necessary.

We’ll keep everybody updated as things progress but if you have any specific concerns or questions, please let us know.

And many thanks for your continued support – this will definitely be a very testing time for small businesses like ours

Tom and Steph